Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Stormy Weather and Yo Yos

OK you ask...WHAT DO STORMY WEATHER and YO YOs have in common?

Well here in Spring, Texas on Friday and Saturday we had very stormy conditions. Of course on Friday I worked and as the day went it got stormier and stormier (is that a word? Stormier?)

Saturday morning just brought more of the same....STORMS!

"Sew" I decided to SEW (like my little play on words?).

I sat down to my Bernina Artisa 730 and started to sew. I got 10 aprons finished! All that is needed now is to iron them, photograph them and put them online. My guess is that you will see them very soon at www.GrandpaGrandmasAttic.etsy.com and www.HandmadeWithLove.artfire.com!!!

Then I decided that I needed to add to my yo yo stash. "Sew" out came the scrap fabric, needle, thread and templates. Don't know for sure exactly how many yo yos were made during the torential down pours but let's just say, you know for argument sake, that there is never going to be a shortage of yo yos for years to come!

By contrast today is absolutely gorgeous!

Sun shinning, cool but pleasant, the birds are singing and the squirrels are chattering.

In fact out my front door I see a mocking bird perched on the mail box out by the street and a squirrel is scampering up the oak tree!

What a beautiful day.

Haven't sat down to the machine yet today....but there are about 15 or so more seasoned aprons yet to be completed!!!

Grandma Susan Quilts

No comments: