Friday, August 14, 2009

Letting Go!

Letting go of a dream can be very hard for me and taking on new projects is way to easy.

Let's talk about taking on way more than I'm able to handle period. Must less handle well.

"Susan, would you like to ......(you name the project)". My answer, "OH that would be so much fun and it sound very interesting. SURE!", I say.

So...what all am I involved in?
Guild Master of an online guild
2 online shops...one http://www.GrandpaGrandmasAttic.etsy.com
the other http://www.HandmadeWithLove.artfire.com
Editor of the Devotions column for Ruby eZine http://magazineruby.wordpress.com/
2 different blogs
A multitude of online social networking sites
2 Facebook pages...one personal...the other business
2 Twitter pages...both business
A new pattern company to publish first projects this fall
I'm a wife....mother...grandmother...
***Oh and did I mention that I work full time?***
I must be a glutton for punishment.

NOW FOR THE LETTING GO

I will no longer be the Guild Master at Sew What guild on ArtFire as of August 17, 2009. Giving that up for someone who can do a better job that I. New person...new and better ideas...new leadership almost always brings positive change.
Will drop all but 2 of my social networks...praying about which one's to keep and which to let go.

I'm sure as I 'weed out' the many responsibilities in my life that the ones that remain will benefit greatly. More time to invest will mean better products for my online venues and my family.


I know I'm not alone in the issues of taking on more than I'm capable of handling well.
Is it just a woman thing???

I know we are such multi-taskers but honestly....

In and Because of HIM,
Susan

2 comments:

Katidids said...

Your not the only one! I am so over committed! But Ruby, I LOVE Ruby. That is one I'm keeping!
As far as selling patterns...I'm thinking of the Dwarf hat pattern....what do you think?

Handmade With Love said...

I love the Dwarf hat! Who knows until we try it. Want to?