Sunday, November 29, 2009

Using Panels in Quilting Projects



When I purchased this ABC panel it seemed to be the perfect ABC's quilt; using blacks & whites to frame each small fussy cut letter.

Here is where I went wrong...did not look at each square individually to determine that they were squared within the cute little bamboo framing which I did not want to use. ~sigh~


That was the most critical flaw in my design. As it turned out it would affect the completed piece in that the rows did not line up! No matter how I tried it simply would not follow the rules! How could it?

So take a long hard look and learn from my mistake...oh no doubt it is cute but not what I had envisioned from the beginning.



All will not be lost however, plans will be to finish it for the holidays and give it to charity.

In and Because of HIM,
Susan

No comments: