Saturday, July 12, 2008

PORT MANSFIELD AND QUILTING????



What in the world do Port Mansfield, Texas and quilting have to do with one another?

Well, while we were at my brothers this summer I had a "job" to do. A custom order from my Etsy store (grandpagrandmasattic http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=82991) had just arrived. Karen had found my Etsy shop and sent fabrics from her stash for me to make yo yos. Another gal bought a lot of yo yos and is covering a lamp shade with them. So, I took Karens fabrics with me and worked on them...(well part-time anyway).

Yes, I said yo yos! And yes, they are made from fabrics. They became popular in the 1930's and have found a renewed interest in 2008! Many projects can be embellished with them including but not limited to actually making quilts from them. I love making them and have put a few on line because after all what in the world am I going to do with ALL those things.

In the first paragraph I said I worked on those yo yos part-time BECAUSE we were way to busy having fun for me to interrupt myself with work to often.

While in the heat of the day I did sit around a couple days (an hour or so each day) and made those yo yos while I sat down in the cool a/c....propped up my feet...watched satellite TV movies....and yo yo(ed). Oh, and did I mention that right outside the french doors I watched pelicans...sea gulls...boats...go by? :)

The other part of the day we fished...visited...ate...napped...and just chilled out.

Browsing through photos from our vacation I remembered the little hermit crab Ashley and her daddy retrieved from the bay. We had so much fun watching that little critter walk around. As you can tell from the photo my strength is not photography but I just couldn't help taking this photo. He was just so adorable...walking around on the wooden walk...that leads to the wooden gate...that leads to the end of the wooden pier...that leads to THE FISH!!! Aren't his little legs cute?

Photos are of yo yos and the hermit crab we so enjoyed!

I am cleaning out my sewing stash today...look for more fabrics to purchase from the DESTASHING....

OOPS...forgot to post photos!!!!!!!!!!


In and Because of HIM,
Susan/grandma

P.S.- My sister-in-law called last night and said that my brother CAPTIAN BO took customers out on his boat two days in a row. YEAH BO!! I'm so proud of you.

No comments: