Saturday, January 31, 2009

CRAFTER EXTROIDENAIRE




CRAFTER EXTRAORDINAIRE

Believing that the HANDMADE Crafting Community is so extra ordinary I've decided to help promote others as well as myself.

If we don't "TOOT" one anothers' gifts and abilities who will.

So the first featured artist is Crochet by Momma J.

Momma was my very first follower here in THE QUILTING ATTIC so I thought it was fitting to feature her shop first.

What is your name?

Marianne Jackson

Tell us a bit about yourself. Are you married? Children?

I am married to my husband of 15 years and have 3 beautiful daughters-ages 3, 7 and 13.

What sort of items do you have in your shop?

My shop has a variety of crochet items - from afghans to baby booties to scarves and much more.

How long have you been doing your craft?

I started when I was pregnant with my now 7 year old. A co-worker taught me during our lunch breaks, and I just fell in love with it.

How long have you had your Etsy shop and what made you decide to take that step to open it?

I opened my shop just this past August. I've always wanted to have a little shop of my own and one day my 13 year old told me about Etsy. I checked out Etsy and just went for it, so I guess I owe it all to my daughter!

Do you have any upcoming projects that you want to share with us?

Yes I do have a little secret that I've told a few folks about . . . I have decided to open up a second shop - this one will be for jewelry. I've reserved my Etsy shop name but am going to build up inventory before "going public" with it. Keep a watch for it soon!

You can also find Momma J at the following links:

www.crochetbymommaj.etsy.com www.crochetbymommaj.blogspot.com www.jewelrybymommaj.etsy.com (nothing listed yet in this one)

THANK YOU for sharing Marianne and good luck in your new venture....remember ladies and gentlemen we may have been the first to hear about Jewelry by Momma J right here on The Quilting Attic!!

PLEASE NOTE: ALL PHOTOS ARE OF CROCHETBYMOMMAJ SHOP.

In and Because of HIM,
Susan aka Grandma
www.HandmadeWithLove.artfire.com
www.GrandpaGrandmasAttic.etsy.com

1 comment:

Momma J said...

Thank you so much for featuring me!