Wednesday, January 7, 2009

JANUARY 7, 2009

Okay, I know that it has not been a week since we were in 2008! I am aware that "they" had to add a "some sort of second" to the clock because the earth is moving slower...."They" need to live in my life...because time is flying by. How about yours?

It's A Stitch news from yesterday...I checked in Jelly Rolls and 5" Charm Pack" from Moda. "9" by Sanae in Japan. Go to www.itsastitchonline.com to view. Just ordered new notions and books day before; I'm hoping they come in today. Keep an eye out for those to show up on the web fairly quickly. I ordered Fabulous Fabric Beads for myself last week. Can't wait to get it. Saw it at the Houston International Quilt show in November...Started to buy it and decided against it. Never mind that I've been wanting the book for a while! (Go figure.) Anyway I will own it soon.

At church on Sunday our sermon was exciting.
The title was Brand New Year...Same Old You?
Pastor Bobby challenged us with Scripture from Micha 6:6a.
Life application question: On December 21, 2009 what kind of life will I bring to God?
Questions from the people in Scripture can be found in Micah 6:6-7
Life application questions for us:

Life change is NOT about doing.
Life change IS about being...Micha6:8

Act Justly= being fair/how can I be fair in all my life aspects, I.E. work, family, finances, etc

Love Mercy= being compassionate/unexpected kindnesses/loving/mercy

Walk Humbly with God= being authentic/no pretending or wearing a mask

Ending with Romans 12:1 "So here is what I want you to do. God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life-your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life-and place it before God as an offering."

I Bring An Offering of Worship to My KING....

In and Because of HIM,
Susan

No comments: